Are you proud of to live in one of the most beautiful and desirable areas of the country? The towns of Fleet, Farnborough, Ash Vale, Hook and Hartley Wintney have within and surrounding some stunning sights and scenes and we are looking for your help to capture them.
Perhaps taking a casual stroll along the tranquil waters of the Basingstoke Canal, a leisurely walk around the stunning Fleet Pond, a meander around the Elvetham Heath Nature Reserve or a promenade along the high street, inspiration can emerge at any time so have your camera ready!
We would like you to capture the changing beauty of the local area, scenery, or something that is quintessentially local to the area.
All photographs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Technical ability
- Commercial appeal
- Suitability for inclusion in a calendar
Please submit your landscape 1MB+ entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, age, address and phone number, the entries will also be posted on our Facebook page, so make sure to ‘like’ our page and ‘like’ your photo as the judges will also take the number of likes into account.
There will be two grand prize winners in the following age categories, under 18’s and 18’s & over, with £250 going to each grand prize winner and Mackenzie Smith then also donating £250 to a charity of the winners choosing.
The twelve best entries will make up our 2015 calendar with the twelve photographers all receiving a free copy.
Terms & Conditions
- Mackenzie Smith’s decision as to the eligibility of individual photographs will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries must be submitted as Landscape Hi Res Jpeg Files (1MB min) with your name and age in the title of the file.
- Entries should be emailed to email@example.com with your name, age, address and phone number.
- Entrants under the age of 14 years need to have parent or guardian consent to enter.
- Entrants must not be professional photographers. For the purposes of this competition, a professional photographer will be considered to be someone who makes more than half their annual income from the sale of their photographs.
- The competition closes at midnight on 1st November 2014. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
- Entries will not be returned so please remember to keep a copy. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted and no feedback on any entry will be provided.
- All photographs will be judged on the following criteria:
• Technical ability
• Commercial appeal
• Suitability for inclusion in a calendar
- A panel of judges will select the 12 winners to be included in the calendar and also the two grand prize winners, one from each age category (under 18’s and 18’s and over). Facebook ‘Likes’ will also be taken into account; the photographs will be posted on our Facebook page, ‘like’ our page and then ‘like’ your photo.
- The prize will consist of £250 to each grand prize winner and Mackenzie Smith will also donate £250 to a charity chosen by each grand prize winner. The prizes are as stated and cannot be deferred or transferred.
- The photographs of 12 finalists will be published in the Mackenzie Smith calendar 2015 and Mackenzie Smith reserve the right to also publish these photos and any other competition entries in future Mackenzie Smith marketing materials. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses. While we make every effort to credit photographers, including in printed reproductions of their work, we cannot guarantee that every use of the photographs will include the photographers’ names. Entrants must ensure that the photograph is not used to publicise or promote companies, individuals, organisations or causes.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Where an individual, or a residential property belonging to someone other than the photographer, is featured the photographer must seek permission and be prepared to provide written consent, if requested. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
- By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms.
- Mackenzie Smith reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, Mackenzie Smith reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up.
Employees may not enter, family members of employees can be considered for inclusion in the calendar only and will not be considered for the grand prize.