Moving home is a stressful time…..from the moment you decide to move, its one decision after another…
It can be a daunting process working out who to trust with your treasured possessions. As an independent, family-run business established in 1976, we (Camberley Removals) have conducted thousands of house moves successfully so, we have come up with a few tips to help you make that all important decision:
- Get prepared early – it doesn’t matter if you don’t have a move date, but the companies quoting must visit your house to understand your move and quote accurately. Also, be clear on the booking procedure.
- Choose a British Association of Removers registered company. A BAR member has to fulfil professional requirements and offers safeguards that non registered companies do not. Look on the BAR Review website trustedmover.org to check out local reviews.
- Don’t compromise on service – moving house (for most people) only happens a few times in their lives. Buying and selling property is expensive, but if you are spending hundreds of thousands on a house, why cut corners on the move itself?
- When comparing quotes, make sure you compare “like with like” – a man and a van, or even small independents cannot offer the same service as BAR registered removers and it is not fair to expect the quotes to be the same. You
- When you have chosen which company to use, make sure that they still have availability for any dates discussed. The longer you have between exchange and completion, the greater the likelihood you will be able to book your first choice company. Most companies will not “pencil” you in (or if they do, it is possible you may not get the size of lorry/personnel required for your move, as they may be more stretched than they think when the bookings are firmed up).
Marketing Manager from Camberley Removals, Alexandra Stiell says “As an established family business, word of mouth and reputation are key. Most of our staff have been with us for years and have huge experience and this, combined with the BAR membership, means you can be rest assured that your move will be hassle free. I also have valuable experience having been a client manager for estate agents for 10 years, as well as having moved house 13 times in the last 28 years! I often find myself lending a comforting ear to stressed clients prior to them booking with us. It means we don’t just offer a move, managed superbly and with the highest levels of care for the clients’ possessions, but the all round, friendly experience we have become well known for in the local area”.
To get the ball rolling Camberley Removals are able to provide a free quotation valid for 4 months. Call 01276 609393 and make an appointment for a Camberley Removals surveyor to visit you.
Professional…. local…. independent – valuing your business and our reputation.