BUYING & SELLING
MORTGAGE HELP AND ADVICE
Search for your next home
T: 01252 812121
T: 01252 375999
T: 01252 353030
T: 01252 844015
T: 01256 764666
T: 01252 597900
T: 01252 983730
T: 01276 743888
LAND – BUY | SELL | DEVELOP
Find your next home
T: 01252 597765 | email@example.com
94 Fleet Road, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 4PB
FEES (DOWNLOAD PDF)
TENANCY FEES (DOWNLOAD PDF)
T: 01252 514000
T: 01252 551045
T: 01252 514000 | Email us...
T: 01252 597765 | Email us...
CAREERS AT MACKENZIE SMITH
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
HOW TO COMPLAIN
FOLLOWus on social media
Finding a home in the right area for your family can be stressful, especially when considering factors that are important to raising children. We took the guesswork out of searching for affordable properties with access to good schools, low crime rates, and kid-friendly amenities in Hampshire by whittling down a list of the top twenty towns that appeal to families in Hampshire.
We gathered data to assess towns from the perspective of families to take into consideration when choosing a location to call home. Data relating to education, property, crime, and local amenities were all considered to narrow down attractive areas. Ultimately, the five categories used for rankings were:
– Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ ratings above 10% of total schools– Ofsted ‘Good’ at least 1 school
– Average semi-detached price below £500,000– Average terraced house price below £400,000
-Less than 100 per 1,000 people
It was found that one in four parents with school-age children have either bought or rented a new home to get in the desired catchment area. Reports have also said that parents were willing to spend an extra 12% on top of the market value of a home for the location.Average families in the UK look for 3-bedroom terraced or semi−detached houses that sell at a UK nationwide average of £243,702 for a terraced or £286,099 for a semi−detached house.In Hampshire average house prices are higher than the UK average with terraced houses selling at £315,532 and semi-detached houses selling for £402,065.As outlined by the Halifax Quality of Life Survey 2020, safety is one of the top priorities when deciding where to bring up children.
1. Fareham2. Totton3. Whiteley4. Hedge End5. Waltham Chase6. Andover7. Titchfield8. Chandler’s Ford9. Bishops Waltham10. Blackwater11. Aldershot12. Farnborough13. New Milton14. Hartley Wintney15. Hamble-le-Rice16. South Hayling17. Fleet18. Buriton19. Hook20. Alton
Along with the categories above, we know there were other factors that were considered for an easier-living family household. The towns above were sorted by their proximity to supermarkets and shopping centres along with the number of parks and recreational grounds. There’s often more than simple metrics to determining a future home, especially when you must consider getting the weekly shop and having a source of entertainment for the kids. These five towns in Hampshire observe the importance of these additional considerations.
1. Fareham – With 22 parks and recreational grounds and both supermarkets and shopping centres within a mile of town centre, it’s no surprise that the area is convenient for families.
2. Farnborough – Coming in at a close second, Farnborough has 16 parks and a variety of supermarkets and shops right in town.
3. Fleet – As an up-and-coming area, Fleet’s infrastructure has lent itself well to families. There are 15 parks and multiple shops that make catering to family life simple in this area.
4. Andover – More than just a scenic river town, Andover is also situated well to cater to the convenience of a quick shop with plenty of outdoor areas to enjoy.
5. Aldershot – With a rich military history, fantastic schools, and access to a plethora of leisure activities, Aldershot provides entertainment and educational opportunities for families.
About Mackenzie Smith
Land & New Homes
Sold by Mackenzie Smith
Let by Mackenzie Smith