Whilst we’re great at selling homes and land, it appears our Land Director, Katherine Gray, is also a dab hand at baking.
As it’s the season of baking, we’ve asked her to share her favourite recipe, in case you’re looking for a bit of inspiration…
New York Cheesecake
900g Cream Cheese
190g Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
140g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
50g caster sugar
50g unsalted butter
1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 150°c.
- For the base, put the flour, baking powder, sugar and butter in an electric mixer with a paddle (or a freehand electric whisk) and beat until you get a sandy consistency. Add the yolk and mix through. Press into a prepared tin (23cm round, greased and lined with greaseproof paper). It has to be compressed to form a dense base. Bake for 20-25 then rest aside to cool.
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract and add an egg at a time whilst still mixing until all eggs have been used and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the topping to the cold base.
- Put the tin inside a larger tin or a deep baking tray and fill with water to two-thirds of the height around the cheesecake tin.
- Bake for 30-40mins, or until golden brown but still wobbly in the centre.