Mackenzie Smith are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information concerning visitors to our website, how we use this data, circumstances in which this may be disclosed to others, how we keep it secure and accurate.
We are continuously reviewing how we process and protect personal information, as such we may make changes to this policy on occasion, to avoid any doubt, please visit this page at your convenience to ensure you’re up-to-date and informed of any changes, we will publicise any changes also. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by this policy.
How do we collect information?
Mackenzie Smith only ever collects information when you directly provide it to us
When using our website, if you submit your details for a property valuation, sign-up to our mailing list or contact us via the options available, we will obtain and store the information you provide.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect and store will include all the details you have chosen to submit, these are likely to include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, IP address and information regarding which pages are accessed and when.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Carry out any contractual obligations between you and us
- Fulfil your enquiry (valuation, viewing, further details)
- Notify you of changes to our services
- Send you communications which we believe you either have proven to have a legitimate interest in receiving or that you have explicitly requested and consented to receiving
- Process a job application
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our legal and contractual obligations, should you go on to sell, buy, let or rent a property/land with us. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
Mackenzie Smith will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agent’s subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. However, when we use third party providers, we disclose only the personal information relevant to deliver the service and have taken steps to ensure that all third parties are required to keep your information secure and are not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own marketing purposes, unless you have explicitly consented for us to do so, or we are legally required to do so.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information, we are therefore committed to ensuring that you can manage the provision, privacy, security and accuracy of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving the ability to do all of the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to Mackenzie Smith, by contacting our Data Protection Officer, Tracey Easton at email@example.com. Our security procedures will require us to verify your identity before revealing any personal data.
- You can also contact us by the same method to amend, update or delete your personal information controlled by Mackenzie Smith at any time. You have the right to be forgotten. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or contractual obligations.
- You are also free to unsubscribe at any point through your account settings, however we may retain archived copies for legitimate business purposes, including fraud and spam prevention.
- You can updated us on your details at any time, along with changing your data preferences by either logging into your account, or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing e-mails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any e-mail. Once you do this, you will no longer receive marketing collateral of that type. To ensure thorough removal, feel free to e-mail “unsubscribe” to email@example.com and we can confirm that you have been unsubscribed to all channels.
- You have a right to access the information we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us your personal information, we take steps to ensure that it is processed and stored securely. Any sensitive information is encrypted and protected thanks to our SSL certificate. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers such as Google Chrome.
Non-sensitive details (your e-mail address etc) are transferred normally over the internet and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check their policy.
Transferring your information outside of Europe